Even though the final episode aired weeks ago, the drama “Tomorrow” is still in the top 10 global rankings on Netflix. Fans of “Tomorrow” are wondering if there will be another season of the drama.
A poll was held in a Korean K-drama forum to determine whether fans wanted season 2 of “Tomorrow,” and 85 percent of those who voted said they did. The other 15% thought the drama ended well and that there was no need for a second season. Despite the drama fans’ desire for the next season, there is no news about the next season as of June 2022. There are two possible reasons why the next season of “Tomorrow” may not occur.
“Tomorrow” drew the attention of many global fans. However, the drama’s viewer rating in Korea was not so great. Perhaps it’s because the drama aired on the same dates as its main rivals. “Tomorrow” aired at the same time as “Twenty-Five Twenty-One” in the first few episodes, and “Our Blues” aired on the same dates in later episodes. Due to the competition, “Tomorrow” began with a 7% viewer rating and ended with less than 3%.
The second reason is that the plot of the main character has shifted during the webtoon’s drama adaptation. The story of “Tomorrow” follows the journey of grim reapers who help people, and Choi Jun-Woong, who was in a coma before being hired as a grim reaper, plays an important role. Unlike in the webtoon, where Choi Jun-Woong is actively working, he returned to his original life and awoke from his coma in the drama.
While it is still possible that the remaining webtoon episodes will be included in the next season of the drama “Tomorrow,” many changes to the original characters may be required in order for the stories to be told in the next season.